Friday, July 14

Ref: Fiq's Post

Hi all!!! Manage to find my way into the blog.....Just like to say a few words over the recent heated up posts....

Ref: Lastly,the issue about tournaments and friendlies.we should try to organise more friendlies to bond our players and also to allow our players to get use with each other way of playing.We should try not to get into any tournament unless we are confident enough to do well in it. I know some of you will say that the tournament is a good exposure to the team but i feel that if we are gonna enter a tournament, we should at least be able to enter and leave it with our head hold up high and not with disappointment and regret. This will bring down our team morale.

I agree with Fiq on this and also reinstate my stressing to Eric & Jono that we shall have more field training (that was preparation to the Tourny in Jun).....If everyone comes up for a field game not knowing the style of play of the rest of the team, then it is suicidal..

Kudos to Fiq, M.S., Tong just to name a few who help maintained the stability of the team during the tournament..I personally felt that I could have done much more better for the team if I had a better understanding to the style of the players...Erwin aside cos we've been playing field soccer for quite sometime so the telepathic understanding is there (where he ate my goal during the tourny......#%#%!#!$^&^*%$**#%#@@!!)

Even before we were to arrange for friendlies, I'll suggest having some field training first as the ball sense on the field is different and each and everyone of us may have to change our style of play on the field. I personally run more on the field to cover wider areas but that will also mean I'll need someone to cover me which Fiq, Tong had been wonderful to the task!! I believe our backline is stable and strong enough and the only area that need revamp and training will be the MIDFIELD..The battle is won in midfield, and it will never be a one man battle...M.S. was seen battling for ball in the middle without much support, but not because there was no support but largely due to the lack of understanding amongst our midfielders. All these can be rectified during prep training to the games though and fitness will also be another key for field games. I believe I'm considered one of the oldest among us excluding my Bro lah and if I can maintain my fitness for 90min, I expect all to do so. Sounds demanding but actually it is a form of motivation for all. In a game, motivation is the key to let us forget about fatique!! :)

I'll try to impart whatever knowledge I have on field training and also like all of you to share together with everyone on your knowledge. I may have undergone intense soccer training in the past but that doesn't mean I'm the most knowledgable person among the team. Each and everyone will have something to share and teach me along the way as well... :)

Btw, I'm still a guest player I suppose as I did not officially join in the club for many games, etc. If you all dun mind my age, I'm willing to officially join Kismis Utd and will like to take up No. 23 pls... :)


Jacky
~~~Love & Peace~~~