Wednesday, July 5

Re-Registrations?

Hey guys, sorry haven't posted up anything, been busy with exams and World Cup. Anyway, it has come to my attention that alot of the guys don't know that I'm proposing a re-registration. I have spoken with Eric about it some time back, but I think I would suggest it to everyone now. Understandably, I'm not going to sit here in aus and let you-all do the hard work, so right now I'm just proposing the idea, and give it some time to develope, and I'll be a part of it when I'm back.

Firstly, we have several 'phantom players' in the sense that they exists, but we never see them. So I think instead of wasting an sms every weekend, just message them once and for all if they want to come down and be handed a jersey. If not, then you can tell them if they want to look for a game, to contact us if there is one on, rather than us contacting them anymore. If you think about it, if they come fewer times than they don't, then its more economic for them to message when they wanna come rather than asking them if they want or not.

Secondly, we have several players who are more consistent than certain so-called "members". Players like Shawn and Shahin and Jacky, just to name a few, are more than members and should be formally handed jerseys.

Thirdly, there are players who will feel more commited to come if you hand them a jersey and call them members. I get the feeling that some feel that they are there just to make up the numbers because of some of our member's reactions towards them.

These are the 3 major points I can think of at the moment. I'm sure you agree that there would be many more benefits ahead of just organisation, cost-saving and a team identity. I look forward to hearing comments from the team.



In a seperate point, I agree with Erwin about the "leaders" and an organised information network. Examples cited were to contact the likes of Shawn, Shahin and WeiChong, and in turn they will contact their friends, ex-classmates and siblings respectively. But I believe you have to have this network organised; though it might, it probably would not happen all by itself.

Also, there has been a suggestion of "new season" jerseys to coincide with the re-registration and recruitment drive. Especially if the old design is not longer available, we could get a new kit which includes names, numbers and maybe the badge. But this idea is still in a very transparent state and nothing has been confirmed yet. So we would like to hear comments from all as usual.

Thanks for you time,
Chau