Wednesday, July 26

RE: Post meeting conclusions...

Hey guys... I got a few things to mention about the post-meeting conclusions. Sorry I can't be there for all the meetings and stuff now, and looks like I wouldn't be avalible next year either. Iill most likely be undertaking a year-long graduate diploma in education here in Australia. But I'll still be back every year November - Feburary (hopefully next June-July I can come back too).

I'm aware that in that respect I cannot be an active member of the Kismis team other than handling this blog from overseas, and perhaps help to sponsor some things when I start earning money (next year). But having said that, I would like to be part of the Kismis team that moves forward. I will help build this club once my formal education commiments are concluded. It wouldn't be too long before we could enter our club into a street soccer league (or even set up a league ourselves!).

In the light of that, I would first address the immediate situation in direct response to Eric's post.

1) Priority and Direction
I think Kismis can go much futhur than what we are now. In the long term, with appropriate funding (I'll be a willing sponsor), we could build our own homeground - a court with proper goalposts. St Wilfred is an example of a private soccer pitch, so it's not impossible. We can hold competitions -or even a weekly league- on that ground and rent it out when we are not playing on it - it could be an investment as much as an asset. On the topic of a the league, you don't need much to set up a league. I'm taking part in a indoor soccer league here, and we as players just pay a fixed amount per team each week and turn up during our fixture. Games are recorded and the league table is established, if I'm not already speaking the obvious.

2) Registration
I would say it's a great thing that we have so many players who are committed to the Kismis cause. I just have to say we have to get a goalkeeper. Also, my apologises for the late intervention but as I have already tagged, Shahin requested for the number 13 jersey long ago as it's his favourite player and position Nesta. Can I ask WeiChong to give up the number please?

3) Attitude and Commitment
I believe we would have better commitment these days with the re-registrations. But attitude is one key issue to be corrected. The late coming all started long ago, when the ball-bearer comes late, then the rest of the people find there is no point coming early. Then the viscous circle continues.

4) Jersey
Thanks Eric for settling the jersey for us, though I think it is unfair for you and JonDavid to be bearing the costs. I commend your generosity, but you guys are no Abramovich, you should allow each and every player to bear the costs of their own jersey. If not, I'm willing to put in a bit of cash for everyone too.

5) Duties
One comment: what do you expect me to do with the blog? I'm no coding expert.. I'm majoring in physics and maths and not computer science. Perhaps I could have a chat with BingJie - he is someone doing computer programming. But what is your idea of 'fixing up' the blog? You mean to have drop-down tabs of things like news, reports, columns? It could work, but it's beyond my coding capabilities and blogger's webspace. I need to find a webspace to build the website upon!

6) Mathces and Travelling
I think Eric's suggestion is a good one. The one about going different places each week. Not only do we compensate for everyone's location in the country (but seriously you pansies who don't want to travel.. wait till you come to Melbourne, distances are much farther here!) , but we also get to exposed to different teams across the island. You get my vote for the suggestion!

Well, these are my comments about the post-meeting. Overall I'm glad Kismis decided to get together to sort everything out. I'll like to hear more voices over the website though. See you all in 3 months!

Chau