Friday, July 28

Editing the Blog

Hey guys,

I've noticed the website has been tweaked a bit. Usually I got no problems with that, like removing the taskbar (though I did find it useful - I added a link back to blogger home at the footer instead).

I appreciate the effort of our fellow members, and also acknowledge that their html knowledge might be better than mine. However, as webmaster, I would like to request members who wish to change the blog layout to consult me first. Email me at the team email or my personal email/msn (found on team sheet). It would be messy if everyone decided to tweak things a bit here and there. So for the sake of organization, I would appreciate a request of permission to toggle with the blog settings.

Members are, however, not only welcomed, but encouraged to post up blog entries and/or tag on the chatterbox - which by the way, has been screwed up for the same reason I don't want members to be just switching things around - because your voice is important.

As for the music, I personally feel it's slowing down the download-time of the webpage, and that is against the golden rule of web page design - to reduce download time.

I hope to provide Kismis with the most efficient weblog possible. Thanks for your understanding.

Chau