Friday, October 6

Foldable Goalposts?

Hey guys, it's your on-loan player again.

I was wonder if you can find foldable goal-posts in Singapore in the normal sports shops.

I've spoken to Eric a long time ago about getting goalposts for our courts, but then we agreed that we would have issues about leaving it there when we are not playing - issues about weather, theft and unauthorized use. And besides, we are not even authorized to be leaving stuff like that there.

So a good solution would be foldable goalposts. I can swear from the experience that I have with them here is that they are sturdier than they look, and are quite durable. I was wondering if we could get those, then maybe we would feel more like we are playing a soccer game rather than just kicking a soccer ball.

The one I found in Australia is 1.4m in height and 2.4m across, which is decent street-soccer size. It costs about Aus$70 (~S$91) for one goalpost though. That's pretty expensive need I not say. Though I'm sure if such a product existed in Singapore, it would be cheaper. So what do you guys think? If every member chips in a bit, we got goalposts to enjoy. Like Eric, I can subsides it, so collect only lik $5 from each dude (which to be honest, we probably waste on a soccer bet in SGpools). Do you guys think it's worth it?

Also, if anyone comes across them when they visit a sports store, quote me the price. I don't expect anyone to go out of their way to look for them. (I'll probably do that at the end of the year when I'm back), so just if you happen to pass by one, or go to a sports shop.

Tag or mail me your feed back yea? Thanx.